30 / 04 / 2020
Join Team SRJ: How To Apply To Our Agency
Today's blog post is all about how to apply to Sandra Reynolds Agency!
The lovely Katie on our Recruitment Desk will be taking you through everything you need to know about applying, what we need from you and what you can expect from us too.
Hi Everyone... my name is Katie, and I work on the recruitment desk at Sandra Reynolds Juniors. We are always looking for fabulous new children, and families to be added to our divisions and it’s mine and my colleagues jobs to go through all of your applications and get in contact with you to come in and meet us at either our London or Norwich office.
There are many attributes that we look for but aside from a child’s look it is equally important that they work well in front of the camera. Children should be well behaved, confident and friendly and parents/chaperones well groomed, polite and punctual. Being a child model can be incredibly exciting and rewarding work but it takes a huge amount of commitment and dedication from not only the child, but the parents/guardians as well. Most shoots are held during the working week, so some time off school is likely to be required. Please check with your school that this is something they are happy to authorise.
In this post we'll be talking about how to apply to our agency and what you need to do if you're contacted to meet with us.
Here at SR we work on an appointment only basis, which means we don't accept walk in's so you'll need to apply via the website HERE and if successful we'll invite you in to see us. You'll need to apply to our Juniors website if you are applying on behalf of someone under the age of 14 or if you're a family. If you are over 14 years of age, head to our main website and apply HERE.
If you'd like to know more, keep reading...
To help you out we've put together a short video to explain what we are looking for when you apply, what images you'll need to provide and how the application process works.
So, what's next? You've taken some great shots and you're ready to apply. Head to the our website HERE to fill out the application form - make sure you have an adult's permission.
If your application is successful we will invite you to come in and see us for a chat and take some casting shots. We want to make sure that the models we represent are of the highest quality for our clients, which is why casting is important so that we can see how your child works in front of the camera. When you come in to see us we are looking for personality just as much as the right look so make sure to show us who you are, be yourself and enjoy it!
Everyone thinks their own children are gorgeous but however good looking, if a child does not enjoy working on camera, a client will not be happy to pay for them. Babies and younger children need to be well-behaved and sociable while older children and teenagers should be confident and friendly.
Making sure you're prepared is essential so here are our top tips for preparing for your appointment with us:
1. We ask that your child arrives in a plain white t-shirt with blue jeans.
2. Hair should be clean and worn down.
3. No Make up – we believe that children should look like children – beautiful and natural.
4. No jewellery. If child’s ears are pierced they must be removable.
5. Practice some moves! We want to know how your child performs in front of the camera, and to know that we can get what we need quickly and efficiently – this is especially important to our clients. It can be useful to come up with a little routine, so that every time that camera clicks, we’re getting a new pose and a different look.
6. Be themselves. We pride ourselves on having so many different and wonderful characters on our books. We want big smiles and fun personalities but most importantly we need to get a feel of who your child is as a little person.
7. When coming in to a casting with us, if you have any professional pictures or even beautiful snaps, bring them with you on a USB/memory stick.
If you have applied and been invited in to meet with us we hope you feel a little more prepared for your casting after eadding this. We can't wait to meet you!
**Please note that we are not affiliated with any other model agencies, freelance scouts or platform agencies (companies that offer to ‘build you a portfolio’). However we do use social media to scout new talent. Unfortunately there are a lot of scams within the industry so please be vigilant! It is always advisable to approach an agency directly and fact check before you proceed. We are happy to help.**